Learning as I go

In the last 5 years I have really taken to cooking. I didn't do much at first, some baking mostly. I have discovered it is a new passion of mine and felt that this would be a great way to share the many recipes that have come my way along with some originals of my own. In the last couple weeks we have started receiving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - local grown fruit and vegetables and boy have I had fun figuring out what all I can do with it. Ive been making and cooking things I never imagined I would. So if you have found a passion in cooking like I have you have come to the right place. I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Whole Wheat Cherry Bran Muffins


We recently signed up for CSA delivery and have been getting lots of Cherries so I decided to get experimental with some of the recipes given in the newsletter. This one is a new favorite of mine although I must say it gets a little messy pitting the Cherries but its sooo worth it.

Recipe:
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 Cup Whole Bran
3/4 Wheat Germ
3/4 tsp Salt
1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Sugar
2 Cups Yogurt
1 Egg lightly beaten
1/2 Cup Honey
2 tbsp Butter
1 Cup Pitted Cherries, chopped

Preheat oven to 425F. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, bran, salt, baking soda, and sugar.  Beat together the yogurt, egg, honey, and butter in a second bowl. Add dry ingredients and fold in with a few quick strokes. Fold in the fruit (don't over mix). Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done. Makes 12 muffins.





Recipe from Tiny's Organics Newsletter July 6, 2011
Love and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment