Learning as I go

In the last 5 years I have really taken to cooking. I didn't do much at first, some baking mostly. I have discovered it is a new passion of mine and felt that this would be a great way to share the many recipes that have come my way along with some originals of my own. In the last couple weeks we have started receiving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - local grown fruit and vegetables and boy have I had fun figuring out what all I can do with it. Ive been making and cooking things I never imagined I would. So if you have found a passion in cooking like I have you have come to the right place. I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

D's Famous Chocolate Chip Banana Peanut Butter Cookies!


I started making these because my roommate was Vegan and was craving cookies so we looked up how to make them Vegan friendly. Over time I have played with the recipe a bit but they are still Vegan friendly, they were also a great way to entice my employees to meet goals. I fully believe in bribery, it works especially when its something this good for everyone to enjoy. Just ask my old employees every time I would use making cookies to get them to go above and beyond, they had no problem complying. In fact, it is because of an old employee that I am now posting this.

D's Famous Cookies:


  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour ( I use 2 parts whole wheat flour and 1 part all-purpose flour)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened ( For this I use one cup of melted peanut butter creamy or crunchy)
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs ( I substitute I banana per egg, mash them up really good)
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Chocolate Chips (for vegan use Ghiradelli) 

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Mash bananas, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Add melted peanut butter and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Love and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment