Learning as I go

In the last 5 years I have really taken to cooking. I didn't do much at first, some baking mostly. I have discovered it is a new passion of mine and felt that this would be a great way to share the many recipes that have come my way along with some originals of my own. In the last couple weeks we have started receiving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - local grown fruit and vegetables and boy have I had fun figuring out what all I can do with it. Ive been making and cooking things I never imagined I would. So if you have found a passion in cooking like I have you have come to the right place. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Turkey Squash Casserole


So with more squash coming our way, I decided to make a meal of it. After doing several different searches on the internet I came up with the following recipe. This was delicious, and it lasted about 3 nights for 2 of us.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used the shredded cheddar I had on hand)
  • 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup crushed saltines

Directions

  1. In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the squash and onion. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
  2. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Stir into the turkey mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe found on All Recipes
Love and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment