Learning as I go

In the last 5 years I have really taken to cooking. I didn't do much at first, some baking mostly. I have discovered it is a new passion of mine and felt that this would be a great way to share the many recipes that have come my way along with some originals of my own. In the last couple weeks we have started receiving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - local grown fruit and vegetables and boy have I had fun figuring out what all I can do with it. Ive been making and cooking things I never imagined I would. So if you have found a passion in cooking like I have you have come to the right place. I hope you enjoy!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Dijon Chicken with Spinach and Couscous






I got this recipe from a co-worker, it was originally for pork cutlets but I substituted chicken. I made this on my last night visiting in Utah, something quick and fun before we went and attempted an indoor surfing that ended up beating me up more than anything.


Ingredients

  3  Chicken breasts  
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard   
3 Tbsp sugar   
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar   
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes   
1 spray(s) cooking spray   
1/4 cup(s) water   

Instructions

  • Cut chicken breasts in half.
  • Combine mustard and next three ingredients in a small bowl. Place chicken in a shallow dish; spoon 2 tablespoons mustard mixture over pork, turning to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
  • Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 4 minutes on one side; turn chicken and spoon reserved mustard mixture over chicken. Cook chicken 2 minutes or just until done.
  • Add water, stirring slightly; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Turn chicken to coat, and place on a serving platter. Pour pan juices over chicken. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pieces). 
I put this over a bed of spinach that I cooked with garlic and some couscous on the side (any flavor you like).

Love and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment