Learning as I go

In the last 5 years I have really taken to cooking. I didn't do much at first, some baking mostly. I have discovered it is a new passion of mine and felt that this would be a great way to share the many recipes that have come my way along with some originals of my own. In the last couple weeks we have started receiving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - local grown fruit and vegetables and boy have I had fun figuring out what all I can do with it. Ive been making and cooking things I never imagined I would. So if you have found a passion in cooking like I have you have come to the right place. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli Braid






I went down to Utah recently to visit my brother and sister in law and they're new baby girl. To help them out I offered to do the cooking. The first night I planned on making one of my favorites, this recipe came from my mother and has always been a hit each time I have made it, I know its one of my boyfriends favorite dishes for dinner.

Ingredients:


 Directions:

  1. Pre-cook chicken in oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for 20 minutes. Dice chicken into cubes, should be 2-3 cups.
  2. Adjust oven to 375 °F (190 °C). In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, mayonnaise, dill weed and salt.
  3. Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough.
  4. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1" wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3" wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side.
  5. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Spread cheese over the top of mixture (sharp cheddar cheese is also good).
  6. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
  7. Brush braided dough with the egg white, and press almond slivers gently into top of dough. Bake in the pre-heated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.

Love and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment