Learning as I go

In the last 5 years I have really taken to cooking. I didn't do much at first, some baking mostly. I have discovered it is a new passion of mine and felt that this would be a great way to share the many recipes that have come my way along with some originals of my own. In the last couple weeks we have started receiving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - local grown fruit and vegetables and boy have I had fun figuring out what all I can do with it. Ive been making and cooking things I never imagined I would. So if you have found a passion in cooking like I have you have come to the right place. I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cheese Enchiladas

I got tired of cooking the same old thing and always going out for Mexican, which is my boyfriends favorite. So one night I decided to surprise him with some Cheese Enchiladas. This is a quick simple recipe, my favorite kind. I will say it was a little messy dipping the tortillas into the tomato sauce, but well worth it in the end. 

 

Ingredients

  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoons Creole-style seasoning
  • 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (Only did half with mushrooms as I don't care for them)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl combine tomato sauce, tomato paste and Creole-style seasoning.
  3. Warm tortillas in microwave, or in oven; dip them in the tomato sauce mixture and lay them in a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Fill each tortilla with cheese, onion, olives and mushrooms; roll. Repeat until dish is full. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe from Allrecipes
Love and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So great to meet you at Blue Ribbon!! BTW: I adore enchiladas. Make 'em all the time for my family;).

    ReplyDelete