Learning as I go

In the last 5 years I have really taken to cooking. I didn't do much at first, some baking mostly. I have discovered it is a new passion of mine and felt that this would be a great way to share the many recipes that have come my way along with some originals of my own. In the last couple weeks we have started receiving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - local grown fruit and vegetables and boy have I had fun figuring out what all I can do with it. Ive been making and cooking things I never imagined I would. So if you have found a passion in cooking like I have you have come to the right place. I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peach/Cherry Cobbler


This is a fun and easy recipe that doesn't take much time. (For the Peach I used almond milk instead of regular and did half wheat/half all purpose four, and it came out great.) Don't be scared to vary the recipe.

Easy Fruit Cobbler
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
2 cups sliced fresh peaches*
*you can use an assortment of any fruit on hand. (Ive also used Cherrys and it was great)
I also added some cinnamon to the peach cobbler about 1/4 tsp

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Melt butter in a 9 x 9 inch baking
dish. Blend together flour, baking powder, sugar, and milk.
Pour batter in baking dish over the butter. Sprinkle fruit on top of
the batter, do not stir. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
(I noticed the cherry only took an hour but because the peaches get so juicy it took about an hour and a half just keep your eye on it)

Recipe from Tiny's Organic Newletter July 20, 2011
Love and Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment